Thursday, January 1, 2009

Announcement

Well, it's 2009 now, so happy new year! But that also means that in a few weeks I'll be starting the "Professional Development Program" (PDP) which will eventually lead to me realizing my career goal of become a high school teacher. It's an intense five day a week program with an 8:30-4:30 daily schedule and (from what I've heard) mountains of homework. I'll also be working on the weekends to help make ends meet (gas money, car insurance, music budget, etc...), so I'll be busy seven days a week. Naturally, the first time consuming leisure activity to go will be writing these reviews. But I've been planing for this reality, and in the past few weeks I've already written ten reviews to help keep this blog alive. The only catch is that I'm going to make reviews a weekly affair, so starting next week I'll be using the auto-post function. Tuesdays at 10:00 AM will have my weekly album reivew. As of January 1st I have enough pre-written reviews to cary this blog into March, so this blog won't see any down time in this transition.

I'm not sure yet, but in leu of decreased activity I may start posting a monthly "What I'm Listening To" column detailing which new releases have caught my ear. It all depends on how my school/work load balances out, but if I find the time to write the column I hope it'll keep this blog current and relevant.

Oh, and my free music blog will continue seeing weekly Saturday updates :)

No comments: