Saturday, September 26, 2009

Into It. Over It. - 52 Weeks

Artist: Into It. Over It.
Album: 52 Weeks
Label: No Sleep Records

This review caused quite a stir from the publicist who made some good points.  I went back and changed aspects of the review but stood strong to my score and message.  My biggest message defense is if an artist writes a poor album about themselves, then I have to review their self analysis as much as I do the album.  All album content should must be reviewed, and if the artist is in the content, then so be it, it's nothing personal.  Put yourself out there and you might get burned.  However, my initial words were quite vicious (and apparently wrong?) now that I reflect on them, so in the interest of professionalism I voluntarily changed certain segments.  This wasn't censorship, Bobby is a great admin who thinks highly of his staff, but as they say, with freedom comes responsibility.  Maybe I'll post the original version sometime so you can be the judge.

No comments: